This Policy is applicable to all data subjects (people, natural or juristic person, to whom PI relates) (you” ,”your”) who’s PI we collect regardless of the country where you live or work. This policy applies to all PI, whether it was provided to us through our websites, mobile applications, our stores, loyalty program or through any other form of communications with you such as email, telephone, or otherwise (“Channels”), through or by third parties or tools that collect PI.
What Personal Information Do we Collect?
PI means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including: information relating to race, gender, marital status, ethnic or social origin, age, disability (mostly as required by labour and credit laws); an identifiable number, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, identification number, location information, online identifier; biometric information; personal preferences, views or opinions; correspondence of a private or confidential nature; and a name if it appears with other PI relating to you or if disclosing your name itself will reveal information about you.
The PI we collect about you is dependent on
- The transaction you are completing,
- The reason you are communicating with us and
- The Channel used to communicate with us.
Your Personal Information may include your: name, contact information including e-mail address, postal address, physical address, primary and secondary telephone numbers, date of birth; employment history, criminal history, ethnic origin, language); gender, age, financial information (as required by law, relating to financial services and credit products and services), billing information, additional information which we are required or permitted by applicable legislation to collect and process, as well as information you elect to share publicly, including on social media and customer forums. We may also collect basic information of your friends and family, personal interests and online activities.
When do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect three types of information from you:
- Information that you provide to us;
- Information we collect or receive from others;
- Information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms and technology.
Below are the details on when we collect your information.
- Voluntarily provide us with information when you interact with us, for example when you send us online enquiries, or you subscribe to or consent to receiving newsletters or other communications from us, call us etc through our immediate online networks or third party networks.
- Browse, visit or participate in our various Channels.
- Register an online profile on our websites or apps to purchase goods.
- Purchase, return, exchange or enquire about products and service from us
- Agree to the terms and conditions of credit applications and other products and services that contain provisions dealing with the use or disclosure of your personal information;
- Enter our promotional competitions.
- Make general enquiries, lodge complaints, and communicate with us.
- Apply for vacancies on our Careers portal or through emails.
From time to time we collect your PI from trusted third parties, in which case we shall ensure that you have provided your consent for your PI to be disclosed to us.
We also collect your PI using cookies about when and how you use our websites, apps or when you click on an advert of ours that is contained on another website. A cookie is a small text file that that is stored on your computer or mobile device when you use it. Cookies hold information such as the identity of the computer or device you used to access our Channels, your server address, domain name, the time and date that you visited our Channels, pages, product and documentation that you accessed or viewed and which internet browser you used. We do this so that we can provide you with more personalized service, communication and products by better understanding your browsing and purchasing behavior; track, count and analyze website visits and usage data; understand product preferences and popularity; improve our websites and your online shopping experience. We use trusted third party services including Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze our users’ usage.
We may collect information through automated tracking mechanisms and technology to make our Site more interesting and useful to you and for various purposes related to our business. For instance, when you come to our Site, we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. Such information may be used for system administration and to analyze the frequency with which visitors to our Site visit various parts of our sites; and we may combine such information with personally identifiable information.
How do we use and process your Personal Information?
We use your PI to:
- Process orders
- Deliver products and services
- Develop products and services
- Process payments and communicate with you about your orders, products, services and promotional offers
- Keep and update our database and your accounts with us
- Propose a unique and targeted navigation experience
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse on our website
- Communicate with you regarding new product features, personalized products, services, offers and events that we think may be of interest to you
- Analyze, develop, continually improve and enhance the use, functionality and performance of our websites and apps, products and services to manage the security of our sites, networks and systems;
- Comply with applicable laws, including our obligations to make disclosures to authorities, regulators and government bodies;
- Engage in our legitimate business and related interests, including but not limited to detecting and preventing fraud and conducting our business as a fashion-value retailer.
By completing an order or signing up, you agree to receive
- Emails associated with finalizing your order, which may contain relevant offers from third parties, and
- Emails asking you to review Vivo and your purchase and
- Promotional emails, SMS and push notifications from Vivo
You may unsubscribe from promotional emails via a link provided in each email. If you would like us to remove your personal information from our database, unsubscribe from emails and/or SMS, please email email@example.com
Vivo uses Google Analytics and for marketing and personal data optimization purposes. We also uses Google Digital Marketing to propose targeted offers. We also use social media networks (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter) to propose targeted offers to our customers of products as well as store locations.
To find out more:
- About Google Analytics: Click Here
- About Google Digital Marketing: Click Here
- About Facebook: Click Here
- About Instagram: Click Here
- About YouTube: Click Here
- About Twitter: Click Here
- About Pinterest: Click Here
Storage, retention and securing of your Personal Information
Vivo will not use your PI other than for the purpose for which it was provided or collected. Your Personal information will be processed here in Nairobi, at our Headquarters, Spectrum Business Park, Baba Dogo. However, certain personal information may be transferred to countries outside of Africa where we store our database on cloud bases software. In cases such as these we make sure that there are security measures to avoid loss, damage, unauthorized usage, unlawful access and unlawful processing of your personal information. Should you want to decide how we use your personal information you may:
- You may inquire from us at no cost whether we hold your PI, as long as you provide us with adequate proof of your identity;
- Where necessary, request the correction, destruction or deletion of your PI;
- Object to, restrict or limit the processing of your PI,
- Object to using your PI for purposes of direct marketing
- Request to not have your PI used to be sent unsolicited emails