Working from home brings with it possible and unfamiliar strain on your body as well as your mind - so it’s important to maintain a regimen of fluidity that will help you feel relaxed, stay clear headed, experience better posture and feel altogether wholesome.
These 3 yoga poses are super simple to incorporate into the morning or evening - even the afternoon - because let’s be honest, there’s barely a difference nowadays!
- Stand with the bases of your heels slightly apart.
- Arms by your side.
- Lift and spread your toes and the balls of your feet, then lay them softly down on the floor.
- Rock back and forth and side to side.
- Gradually reduce this swaying to a standstill, with your weight balanced evenly on the feet.
- Slightly bend your knees and reach forward.
- Widen your collarbones.
- Gently lift your arms above your head, with palms facing each other.
- Extend yourself fully.
- Stay here and breath for 1 minute
This pose improves posture, strengthens the knees and firms the abdomen & bottom 🍑
mukha = face
svana = dog
- Come onto the floor on your hands and knees.
- Spread your palms, index fingers parallel and turn your toes under.
- Exhale and lift your knees away from the floor.
- Push your top thighs back and stretch your heels onto or down toward the floor.
- Straighten your knees but be sure not to lock them.
- Firm the outer arms and press the bases of the index fingers actively into the floor & keep the head between the upper arms
- Stay here and breathe for 1 minute
- *Maintain a still glance with your neck pointed down, towards your feet to prevent strain - do not look side to side.
This pose energizes the body, improves digestion, calms the brain & relieves headache, insomnia, back pain, and fatigue.
- Start from the previous pose (downward facing dog)
- Take a step & place your right foot between your palms
- Your back foot should rest at an angle, still supportive.
- Find your balance and raise your arms forward & above your head (Warrior 1)
- Straighten your back knee
- Open up your arms to both sides and expand
- Push your chest forward.
- Stay here in your breath for 1 minute
This pose increases stamina, relieves backache & is therapeutic for people with flat feet.
Finding clarity and relaxation does not need to be difficult. Do a scan of your body and mind to highlight what is going on within - include simple and consistent movement in your daily life and note how these poses made you feel throughout.