Merchandising Manager Vacancy!!!
Do you have what it takes to join a vibrant team?
Vivo Activewear prides itself in inspiring women to look and feel great. It is a place to explore potential, eliminate boundaries and push out the edges of what we can be. The company seeks to nature talent, grow and bring dreams to fruition. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding performance. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries to bring skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving Fashion Industry.
About the position?
We are looking for an outstanding Merchandising Manager responsible for :
- Planning the product mix across the business to aid in delivering projected targets.
- Ensure product margins through the right pricing.
- Monitoring product sell through rates.
- Visual Merchandising, store stock optimization and product allocation to stores.
The key departments that they will be working with are the design department, buying department and sales department.
- Monitoring product sell through rates so as to make informed decisions on whether to market, replenish or reduce price of products.
- Work closely with the buying and design department to ensure that the right products are ordered and produced.
- Work closely with Retail teams to ensure that Visual Merchandising standards, guidelines and directives are adhered to and are fulfilling the needs of the business.
- Ensure optimal carrying capacity & preferred styles analyzed for each store (based on size, store profile, sell through rates, etc.)
- Review of goods received per order and decision taken on how best to allocate between stores / online.
- Preparation of MERCHANDISE ALLOCATION sheet on a daily basis to guide warehousing team on stock allocation to stores.
- Physical allocation of sample /sale items between stores.
- Decision taken on when to reduce prices and by how much (based on assessment of what the market is willing to pay)
- Timely requests made for internal, external and consignment (Partner brands) product replenishment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapid change.
- Strong team player and manager - able to gain trust, respect and confidence quickly and effectively.
- Creative, with an innovative thought process.
- Strong internal/external stakeholder management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision and guidance.
- Enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results.
- Strong and convincing presentation skills – able to get ideas across quickly and effectively and gain relevant buy-in and support.
How you will make a difference
- 5 years Merchandising and Inventory Management experience, preferably in the Retail sector.
- Previous experience as a Merchandising Manager or Head of Merchandising in the fashion retail industry.
- Customer-focused knowledge of market and trends.
- Experience implementing complex change and acting as business lead for technology implementation.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a highly cross-functional matrix environment.
- Proven ability to manage an open to buy process, exceptional retail math skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success with strategic planning and business planning.
- Broad understanding of Category Management processes including Category Strategy, Assortment Planning, Pricing, Promotions and Space.
- Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers in conjunction with our procurement teams.
- Demonstrate knowledge and interest in fashion products and trends.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right person for the position and would like to be a part of our team, kindly send a detailed CV and cover letter to email@example.com by March 6, 2020. The subject of your email should be “Merchandising Manager – (Expected Salary)”
Please indicate your salary expectation on the subject line. Applications that do not include the salary expectation will NOT be considered.
We would love to respond to all your applications but due to a large number of applications received for advertised positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.