Vendor Account Manager
Shop Zetu is driven largely from highly-engaged, high-value vendors who trust us to generate revenue for them. Our mission is to support them as they grow their brands and get their products into the hands of our customers.
In order to retaining our existing vendors, we will need an individual who is deeply passionate about relationship management, thus the need for a Vendor Account Manager.
This is a cross functional role, where you will be responsible for managing and sustaining long-standing relationships with our platform vendors. Furthermore, you will be expected to drive new business from existing vendors by offering value-added services for example, content creation, warehousing or marketing services as well as being the liaison between them and the other teams at Shopzetu.
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with the platform vendors
- Ensuring technology tools for managing vendors are fully operational and utilized, including 100% of vendors either directly integrated to platform.
- Continually monitoring sales trends to determine which products and categories are more popular than others, and reporting to the relevant parties.
- Define strategies to drive revenue from offering value-added services to existing vendors
- Work closely with Marketing to design and implement campaigns that drive incremental profitability and create brand awareness.
- Establishing, implementing and monitoring standards by which to assess the performance of vendors.
- Evaluating current vendor management processes and policies and identifying ways to improve them.
- Advising Vendors of merchandising/replenishing based on current trends identified in conversations with Merchandising and data teams.
Professional / Academic Background
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, social sciences, business administration, or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 2+ years’ relevant experience in a Vendor Account Management role.
- Tech Savvy.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Communication: Strong and convincing communication and presentation skills – able to get ideas across quickly and effectively and gain relevant buy-in and support. Ability to present reports and information to other executives and their team members.
- Relationship building: The ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and with vendors that results in retention.
- Business Development: Ability to sell paid services to external parties
- Problem solving: A problem-solving mindset, together with a creative and innovative thought process in any challenging situation.
- Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing plans and strategies.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
The role reports to the Vendor Account Team Lead.
Sound like you? Apply now! We’re made up of passionate, creative and strong-minded folks that love to get things done in a fast-paced environment. We are constantly seeking entrepreneurial, dynamic and collaborative individuals to join our team.
How To Apply
Kindly forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title as the subject. Please include your detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Closing date: 10/03/2023